Stay Well This Winter - get your flu jab!
- Are you or a family member aged 65 or older?
- Do you have an underlying health condition like diabetes or heart disease?
- Are you a pregnant or do you have children aged 2-7?
- Are you a carer?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you’re entitled for a FREE flu vaccination.
Cold weather can make you more likely to catch a winter illness like flu that can become very serious and even result in being hospitalised, especially if you fall into one of the above categories.
However, help is at hand and you can take simple and easy actions to help protect you and your family:
- Get a flu jab. It’s free if you are in an “at risk” category like the ones above.
- Protect your children (aged 2, 3 and 4) from the flu by getting the free, quick and easy nasal spray vaccine. Children in school years 1, 2 or 3 will get their vaccinations through their school.
- Get help from your local pharmacy when you begin to feel unwell, even if it’s just a cough or cold. This can stop it from becoming more serious.
- Keep your medicine cupboard stocked up with items like painkillers and cold and flu remedies so you don’t need to go out if the weather’s bad.
- Collect prescriptions (particularly repeat prescriptions) before GPs and pharmacies close for Christmas.
- Take all medicines as directed, including any antibiotics you’ve been prescribed.
- Keep warm and heat your home to at least 18 degrees centigrade or 65 degrees fahrenheit.
Don't put it off, visit your GP or Practice Nurse and ask for your FREE flu vaccination this October and November.