Procurement Strategy, 2015 – 2018
We deliver best value through effective contract management taking into account market intelligence and feedback from suppliers and aim to select and manage external resources through effective and transparent procedures. This includes procuring goods and services designed and delivered to meet the needs of the people and communities we serve and employ, whilst taking into account legislation and best practice.
This Strategy has seven key aims.
- Maximise our key strengths, by utilising our purchasing power to obtain best value for money.
- Address our weaknesses, by challenging our present procurement processes and agreements.
- Seek out ways of doing things better.
- Reduce threats to our success by effective risk management.
- Ensure findings from consultation and engagement feed into the procurement process.
- Improve operational procedures and the efficiency of our resources.
- Meet legal requirements.